Cindy was diagnosed HIV positive in November 2014.
She has survived and is now thriving after the challenges of HIV, Cancer, TB Meningitis, Pneumonia, Shingles and two Strokes, (between 2004-2008) and a double bypass in 2018.
This is ample authentication that she is in a unique position to present on ‘Owning your Balance & Bounce’ through lifestyle skills management that has spanned her enterprising and unusual vocation.
Cindy is invariably asked how she bounces back after her many life-changing incidences.
Some of her habitual characteristics are:
- A positive attitude.
- Confidence and calmness.
- A willingness to ask for help.
- Acceptance of her situation.
- Persistence and determination.
- Challenge – Resilient people view a difficulty as a challenge, not as a paralysing event.
- Commitment – Resilient people are committed to their lives and their goals, and they have a compelling reason to get out of bed in the morning.
- Personal Control – Resilient people spend their time and energy focusing on situations and events that they have control over.
Having a natural ability to bounce back has been part of her recovery.
Balance put her in a position to validate, that facing and owning, the many adversities that came her way could turn any disaster or trauma into a rewarding and educational experience.
Cindy currently lives in Cape Town after a sixteen-year stint in Durban. She travels around South Africa to share and encourage others to live positive lives and be supportive of HIV positive individuals, as well as creating awareness to those uninfected, to remain so.